Following the announcement of the retirement plans by their current Chief Executive, the Jessie May Trust has retained Panoramic Associates to find his successor.
Started by a family, for families, and now shaped by families – the Jessie May Trust is an innovative service with a national reputation for providing exceptional care and support to children with life shortening conditions and their families in their own homes.
Jessie May is a Bristol-based charity, with a national reach providing nursing care at home for children and young people with life shortening conditions who are not expected to live beyond the age of 19.
The Chief Executive will play a vital role in delivering our strategic aims, growth and the development of the charity. Jessie May are looking for an empathetic and emotionally intelligent professional who is passionate about the provision of exceptional children’s and family services. You will bring the ability to translate strategy into actionable plans and also knowledge and experience of how to drive efficiencies to help the charity maximise the use of its precious resources.
- Senior executive experience of managing a relevant organisation or management at a senior level; that includes responsibility for strategic direction, leadership and management
- Experience of financial management and control; including budget oversight, cost control and contractual valuation with a budget in excess of £1m
- Knowledge of the current national and local health and social care agendas and their impact up on voluntary sector organisations and services in Children’s Palliative Care
- Experience of fundraising through a diverse range of income streams and securing funding; including bid writing/tender development/negotiating contracts and the ability to maximise income from a wide range of sources
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of strategic planning and service development planning; including facilitation, implementation and review/evaluation and organisational change.
This is a vital appointment for this much-loved local charity. Chris has been at the helm for many years and is leaving the charity in a very strong position. The importance of the services Jessie May provides to the children and their families is immeasurable and so the opportunity to ensure Jessie May thrives and grows its reach must not be missed.
How to apply
For a more in-depth conversation about the role please contact Ben Pountney, Lead Practice Director, who is leading on the process at email@example.com.
To make an application you will need the following –
- A CV, tailored for the role
- A supporting statement that sets out your understanding of both the role and the organisation, and how your experience matches the key criteria on the personal specification